Wednesday 25 June 2014

First Post


I recently acquired a Yaesu FT-100D with all the fixings and I've been playing with antenna setups, mostly wire dipoles.

There is not a lot online on this radio, or this particular antenna system, so I figured I'd play around a little and document the process from a sophomore's perspective.

From my backyard, to my truck and out in the woods, I've become addicted to operating HF portable. I mostly chase DX and work contests, as I'm not big on chit chat. I've yet to call CQ, but I'm hoping to remedy that shortly.

I'll also try and pepper this blog with other ham radio stuff, like working satellites and the ISS, I also do lots of work on my IC-756 base station, and I'll throw in the odd funny story about my kids.

(My daughter up late working the grey line with daddy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment